This is the site for columnist Rick Quick, and sories of his redneck life. A real experience in southern humor!

Name:
Location: Louisiana

I have 3 kids, a mortgage, a car note, a dog, a kitchen table with chairs held together by bailing wire, my house is furnished in an motiff called "Early Garage Sale", and I own 11 vehicles, strung between my yard, my parents yard, my grandmother's yard, my shop, my best friends shop, another friends shop, and one is still at my ex-wife's ex-boyfriends.

Friday, September 16, 2011

They Call Me The Fireman

I am amazed at the amount of people in this world who are terrible firefighters. At times in life, there are going to be a few fires. But trying to stop those by setting another fire just makes no sense. If someone burns you, then burning them back is a total waste of time. It will lead to, at best, a feeling of a very hollow victory for a short period of time. In the end, the hollow felling gets bigger until there is simply nothing left but a shell of an empty person.

Vengence is stupid. I have a different approach:

When I get burned, I use water to put the fire out. Permanently. No excuses, no hard feelings, just an end. Capoot. Done. Over.

Doing that allows me to continue on my merry way, and the offending party can go onto who ever their next unsuspecting victim is. Why hold onto a grudge against someone who doesn’t like you anyway?

You fight fire with water. It’s that simple. Now get out there and make the world a wetter place to live!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home