This is the site for columnist Rick Quick, and sories of his redneck life. A real experience in southern humor!

Name:
Location: Louisiana

I have 3 kids, a mortgage, a car note, a dog, a kitchen table with chairs held together by bailing wire, my house is furnished in an motiff called "Early Garage Sale", and I own 11 vehicles, strung between my yard, my parents yard, my grandmother's yard, my shop, my best friends shop, another friends shop, and one is still at my ex-wife's ex-boyfriends.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

To Trash, Or not to Trash?

I hate moving. I don’t care if it is moving furniture, moving houses, or just moving my hand to reach my tea glass, I hate moving.

Which is probably why I got stuck with doing it again.

My company decided that we must move our offices. This is because we need walls that are a different color, and to paint the walls we have would require less effort than to move to a different building. Sure, that makes no sense, but most things in the real world don’t.

Anywho, I am now in the process of packing up my office for the 6th time in the last 6 years. As my coworker have complained that my office looks more like a experimental refuse container than a place to work in, I have been forced to actually throw away stuff that I haven’t used in 2 years. Unfortunately, the throw away pile is now bigger than the keep pile.

Those old newspaper clippings of my best friends ex wife when she went to prison? Gone. I haven’t read them in years, and anyway, she’s getting out next week. By the way, does anyone know what one is supposed to wear to a “She’s Finally Free” reception?

That broken chair in the corner, and the table with 3 legs? I sent it off to a local charity. For some reason they keep sending it back though. I guess I’ll have to disguise my van the next time I drop it off.

Of course, I had to go through all of those Company books and manuals too. “How To Treat Your Coworkers” was immediately dumped. “Your Benefits for 1983” also hit the trash. However I did keep the “Policies and Procedures Manual”, as I plan to read it when I retire and see just how many rules I broke. So far, we are at 2,319 and counting.

I had various other things that also had to go: my paperclip collection, 14 used boxes of kleenex, a hardhat that looks like a cowboy hat, 4 broken computers from 1987, an autographed picture of someone I don’t know, a box of salt that is 8 years old, and 17,000 files that I started and never finished. I think it would have been easier for me to just take my phone, and let them burn the rest of my office.

Soon, the movers will come and take away what remains of my working space. They will re-assemble it in another building, and I will get to start collecting things all over again. Sadly though, I know that one day I will need something that I trashed. And on that day, I am going to tell everyone in the office how much I needed that thing, whatever it is. Then they’ll think twice about getting rid of useless things!.
I mean, after all, they keep paying me don’t they?????

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sup Man? This is faceman from the
whodatzone.I just wanted to say
your website is pretty cool Bro.

Geaux Saints!!!!!

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home