This is the site for columnist Rick Quick, and sories of his redneck life. A real experience in southern humor!

Name:
Location: Louisiana

I have 3 kids, a mortgage, a car note, a dog, a kitchen table with chairs held together by bailing wire, my house is furnished in an motiff called "Early Garage Sale", and I own 11 vehicles, strung between my yard, my parents yard, my grandmother's yard, my shop, my best friends shop, another friends shop, and one is still at my ex-wife's ex-boyfriends.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Todays View

If you listen to the experts, you will find that men and women communicate on different levels. Women share feelings, read body languages, and are cued into small differences in voice inflection and tone. Men, on the other hand, hear what they want to hear. So sayeth the Lifetime channel, anyway.

What becomes apparent is that men and women can take the same statement in totally different ways. For example, if a woman says “I find you interesting” to a man, he immediately thinks she just said “You are gorgeous and I want to fulfill all of your fantasies right now”, which can make him feel rather uncomfortable, particularly if they are in the grocery store.

On the other hand, if a man says to a woman “I find you interesting” the woman immediately thinks “Wow! He actually listens to what I am saying and feels that my views have relevance and meaning”, when what he actually meant was “I want to get it on right here in the fruits and vegetables, but I have too much class to just come right out and say ‘I want to get it on right here in the fruits and vegetables’, so I will use fancy words to hide my true intentions. Did I mention that I want to get it on right here in the fruits and vegetables?”

Now this is not to say that men only think about sex. No, they only think about that when women are around. When it’s just guys around, men’s words have completely different meanings.

For example, a guy might say to another guy “I find you views interesting”. That of course, means that one finds the other guy’s view to be interesting. Amongst 2 guys of course, neither would say “I find you interesting”, least he be shot. Why?

Because guys don’t talk to each other about what they think of each other. You won’t hear “Bill I think you are wonderful”, but you will hear “Bill, I think you are a total idiot”. “What’s the difference” you may ask?

As a general rule, guys get things their self worth from things that they do and how successful they are at them. One guy calling another guy an idiot rarely has anything to do with feelings, but instead is a review of how things were done/handled/built. And that’s how most guys take it.

So to review, when a calls another guy an idiot, he’s reviewing his performance. When a woman calls a guy an idiot, she’s reflecting what she thinks of his personality. And when a guy calls a woman an idiot, he usually gets hit with a frying pan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home